Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On 12/11/2014 05:09 AM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Mi, 10 dec 14, 15:32:55, Jape Person wrote:

But that information plus the linked items (in the info output) grub-reboot
and grub-editenv may get me started toward a solution.

I think at least some of the list subscribers would be grateful for your
findings.

Kind regards,
Andrei

Tee-hee. Assuming I'm smart enough (or motivated enough) to figure it out. So far it looks like more than a little trouble to go through to be able to set up a way to manually force a boot-time fsck (without involving the end users).

As I may have mentioned, the command "touch /forcefsck" still works with the systemd init system, but it produces a warning in the log which makes me think that the function will disappear sooner or later.

Figuring this out should at least be easier than switching everybody over to OpenBSD or some such.

And -- if I find a means of accomplishing the goal -- I'll definitely post it.

Thank you again, Andrei!

Best regards,
JP