Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On 12/10/2014 01:40 PM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Mi, 10 dec 14, 11:36:35, Jape Person wrote:

Using fsck.mode=force on the linux command line works fine for the purpose
of forcing a file system check at home, but I don't see a practical way to
use it on the remote systems. Do I really have to walk each of them through
editing of the linux command line or through alteration of their grub menu,
etc. so they can initiate fsck manually themselves at boot time
once-in-a-while? Or can you think of a way I can be in control of this
without bothering them? Some of these folks would not be good candidates for
performing these changes to such essential parts of their systems.

There is a way to tell grub to boot once with a different default entry.
It's a long time since I needed that, but a start would be the
grub-set-default(8) command.

Hope this helps,
Andrei

Thanks for the information. I tried 'man grub-set-default' which gave me only 40 lines. It suggested using 'info grub-set-default' for access to the entire manual -- which gave me 45 lines.

Heh.

But that information plus the linked items (in the info output) grub-reboot and grub-editenv may get me started toward a solution.

Many thanks!

Regards,
JP