Re: Debian fork: 'Devuan', Debian without Systemd

Le Wed, 03 Dec 2014 10:18:36 +0100,
Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> a écrit :

> Am Mittwoch, 3. Dezember 2014, 08:35:00 schrieb Erwan David:

> > > Or going beyond what is offered in Debian… like making GNOME
> > > installable without having any systemd related package installed.
> >
> > The systemd package is just a small part of systemd. I'd like to
> > remove systemd-logind and lbpam-systemd, sinc I have no clue at all
> > that logind is better deisgned and programmed than resolved, which
> > showed it was designed without any care for well known attacks.
>
> I explicetely wrote "any systemd related package".
> [...]
>
> So you can still choose to what init system to use, but running
> completely without any systemd related packages gives you a really
> crippled system.

As explained several times on this ML, depending against libsystemd0
package doesn't mean anything about requiring systemd to be used as
PID1 or not. Even Ian's GR was not taking the "I don't want any systemd
package on my machine" use case into account you know.

But if you have that special concern, you'll have to start recompiling
the packages I'm afraid. Start with policykit and network-manager (and
other package defining a dependency against libpam-systemd) to make
them use ConsoleKit again, you would at least be able to remove the
systemd package completely.