Re: There is no choice

Steve Litt wrote:
On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 11:31:57 -0400
Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:

I haven't said much until now, but I have followed the subject in
depth the whole time.  And I, for one, am very happy this was brought
to my attention.  It has allowed me to make an intelligent decision
as to whether to upgrade or go to another distro.
I'm going to (re)try Gentoo next weekend, and Funtoo the weekend after
that. I had originally written off Gentoo as way too much of a hassle,
but a read part way through
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727708 has made me
willing to accept a much higher hassle level to continue using a
modular, sane and POSIX operating system.

I'm seriously thinking either Slackware or Linux-From-Scratch (which moved from systemd-udev to eudev recently). Or SmarOS - which is starting to look awfully sweet.

Miles Fidelman