Re: Debian 7.x and desktop environments

On Sb, 03 mai 14, 22:17:22, Slavko wrote:

> Why there is not a option to allow to add nonfree repo in installer and
> thus allow to load necessary drivers in early stage of the installation?
> Perhaps only in expert mode... Yes, this can expect some manual reading
> to find this solution (if ti will be exist), but once again - loading
> drivers from separate media is step back in time.

Because if the firmware is needed for network access you have a
chicken-and-egg problem: you can't download the firmware because the
network will not work without the firmware.

The easiest solution I know of is the non-free image with firmware
included. For me the first hit on a quick search for 'debian installer
firmware' (without the quotes) is
https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware
which points at
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/
so it's not even (very) difficult to find.

Kind regards,
Andrei