Re: Debian 7.x and desktop environments

On Saturday 03 May 2014 16:26:08 Brian wrote:

> A novice wouldn't even know the hoops were at hand

For as long as Debian sticks to its recent policy of only free software in the basic .iso, including in the installer, hoops or an old computer will be necessary.

We all have our own ways of getting round it or living with it. None of these would be easy for a novice.

I am a great fan of Debian, in fact I am probably something of an addict. But as I get older I do sometimes wonder what an easy life and CrunchBang or LMDE would be like to live with....

Lisi