Re: Security Implications of running startx from command line - was Re: Startx: was Great Debian experience

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
On Fri 21 Mar 2014 at 12:37:57 -0400, Steve Litt of Troubleshooters.Com wrote:

> I think it depends on the situation. If you're at the library with your
> laptop and need to go to the bathroom, it's best to take the computer
> with you, because it's easier to just walk off with it than to dink
> with the command prompt. I have my office in my home, where I trust
> everyone who goes in my office, so startx is fine.

This has just struck me. I wish it hadn't but Friday nights bring on
strange thoughts:

I have a picture in my mind of you and your colleagues standing in the
bathroom and admiring each others bezels.

Hmm. Home office. Colleague?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, yeah. Nothing wrong with admiring that particular colleague's bezel, I think.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart.