Re: Great Debian experience

On Friday 21 March 2014 05:06:52 Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>  However, if you
> are running amd64 (64 bit) instead of i386 (32 bit) those kernels
> will not be available for you to install via apt-get.

I get them via aptitude on Wheezy.  I initially installed the
backported kernel (new hardware), and now aptitude updates and
upgrades the kernel from backports.

Though it doesn't seem to do so on my husband's computer.  Also Wheezy
with backported kernel, but a new installation.  Mine was an upgrade
from Squeeze, and I must have something left over that I have
forgotten about.

Lisi