Re: Great Debian experience

Reposting to try to get this in the correct thread.

On Wednesday 19 March 2014 17:47:20 Charles Kroeger wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:10:02 +0100
>
> Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > fenestral hordes.
>
> I rather like your description of them but wouldn't it have been
> more proper to use the term 'fenestrated' it is an adjective. In
> anatomy, this would apply to 'having perforations, apertures
> suggesting perhaps of having been buggered.

Yes - but I was not talking doctor-speak, which is a language all of
itys own.  I am quite happy that fenestral means _exactly_ what I
intended it to mean!  And it was certainly "proper" to use it in that
way. In architecture it is fenestrated that would mean having holes!!

From Wiktionary:
Adjective
fenestral (not comparable)
    (architecture) Relating to a window or windows.

Adjective
fenestrated (comparative more fenestrated, superlative most
fenestrated)
(architecture) Having windows

From Collins 20C dictionary - more my own era ;-) -

fenestrated - .....pierced, perforated ...

> Deo Soli Debianae Invicto Seculari

While we are correcting each other, Liddle and Scott prefers
saeculari.  You must be American!

Lisi