Re: Great Debian experience

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 14:31:46 -0400 (EDT), Steve Litt wrote:

> I also unchecked the Debian Desktop selection.
> Then I did the following:
>
> apt-get install xfce4 xfce4-goodies
> apt-get install synaptic
> apt-get install iceweasel

I realize that this is too late for this install, but maybe it will help
you next time.  Also, maybe it will help someone else.  Try this.  When
you get the initial boot screen from the Debian installer, press F1 for
help, then at the boot prompt type:

   expert desktop=xfce

and press Enter.  Do *not* uncheck the desktop selection in the tasksel
menu during installation.  The installer will install the xfce desktop.

There's more than one way to do this, but this may be the quickest way.
You can also add whatever other Debian installer options, kernel boot
parameters, or environment variable values that you want to use on this
line.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :