Re: I mistakenly installed 32 bit Debian. How can I ensure that I'm installing 64 bit?

On Thu, 2014-03-06 at 14:47 -0500, Patrick Chkoreff wrote:
> So it's "fool" proof then.

No, to install, maintain, sanely use Linux, it always needs
self-responsibility.

You will likely experience the issues you experienced with Ubuntu, with
any other distro too, since the problem likely exists between chair and
keyboard.

You only need to install one time and should take the time to read and
select instead of pushing enter without care. If you update, you always
need to take care about what should be updated, for every distro.
Upstream provides release notes, distros have informations about
upgrades on their homepages. You need to do this for every upgrade and
you need to be extra careful, if you make release upgrades for distro
releases.