Re: I mistakenly installed 32 bit Debian. How can I ensure that I'm installing 64 bit?

On Thu 06 Mar 2014 at 11:46:15 -0500, Patrick Chkoreff wrote:

> I installed Debian on this laptop using this image:
>
>   debian-7.4.0-amd64-i386-netinst.iso
>
> I thought that because it had "amd64" in the name, I was getting a 64
> bit operating system.

Not only are you avoiding Google and Adobe but you are also avoiding
reading and exploring what is on your screen when you boot the image.

"64 bit" is displayed 3 times; that's without looking under "Advanced
options".