Re: [solved] Re: whitelist@lists.debian.org

On Wed 05 Mar 2014 at 08:27:00 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> PPS: I guess I have to talk to my ISP, there seem to be issues with
> Cc'ing to myself too [1] and with sending mails to my Alice account [2],
> however the missing mails are not in the archive.
>
> Most likely the ISP is the culprit.

Possibly, but you would have to know more about how your mail provider
handles mail after it is accepted. Some providers see two mails with the
same Message-Id: header as identical and, out of the kindness of their
hearts, delete one of them.

> [2]
> Dear subscriber,
>
> We've encountered some problems while sending listmail to your
> emailaddress ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net.
>
> In the last seven days we've seen bounces for the following list:
> * debian-user
>         1 bounce out of 92 mails in one day (1%, kick-score is 80%)
> [snip]

This is from listmaster@lists.debian.org. Your mail provider has
rejected a mail from a list. You don't provide the diagnostic from the
rejection message so it's not possible to say why.

Both these sketchily described issues have nothing to do with *sending*
mail to -user.