Re: whitelist@lists.debian.org

On 3/5/2014 1:08 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Mails from
> ralf.mardorf-at-alice-dsl.net seldom come through the list.

I show 623 from that address since 10/13.  What you meant to say is "on
occasion my mails do not post to the list".

> For those
> mails that don't come through, I never got a postmaster reply, IOW no
> "delayed", "blackhole listed" etc. replies.

Then you need to contact the Debian list postmaster and the postmaster
of alice-dsl.net, to figure out where the problem is.  Telling your
story on debian-user won't have any impact whatsoever.

> My MUA never informed me
> about issues when sending a mail. I now will replace Evoultion's SMPT
> with msmpt, perhaps I then will get messages.

That's not the problem.  All versions of SMTP handle NDRs.  If you're
not receiving an NDR for messages that disappear then no NDR is being
generated.

> I subscribed or tried to subscribed to the whitelist with my
> ralf.mardorf-at-alice-dsl.net account, but nothing happened.

Why would it?  You already have that addressed subscribed to
debian-user.  The whitelist is for addresses that are not subscribed to
any lists.

It seems you have a mail problem but you do not know what it is.
Instead of troubleshooting to identify the problem, you're attempting to
circumvent it with the whitelist nonsense.

To troubleshoot this take the following steps:

1.  For emails you believe are lost, check the list archive.  Are they
    in the archive?  If so they aren't being rejected.  In this case,
    either the MX for your domain is rejecting list messages, or your
    anti-spam or anti-virus software is eating them.

2.  If they are not in the archives, contact the debian.org postmaster
    and give him the message-id of the lost email.  He can tell you if
    if was received by the Debian mail servers and if they message was
    posted to the list.

3.  If debian.org did not receive the email, then you need to contact
    the postmaster at alice-dsl.net, provide the message-id, and as if
    the email was relayed.

Standard troubleshooting stuff.

--