Re: Install debian on EFI hw

On 03/04/14 20:09, Erwan David wrote:
Le 04/03/2014 14:54, ha a écrit :
Last few weekends I've tried to install debian 7.2 from live DVD (but
booting from USB) on EFI hardware with GPT. I disabled EFI, crated a
small partition at the begging of the disk, and run the usual
installation process. However, at the end of installation I always
receive the message like: "Grub-pc package failed to install into
/target/".

Now, I solved this by booting to rescue mode, doing grub-install, chroot
into the instaled system and simply update grub. However, I found this
solution suboptimal when compared to classical debian installation
(utilizing MBR). So I wonder if anybody had experience on how to avoid
this recue-grub_install-chroot-grub_update procedure?

Did anybody manage to automatically install debian on GPT?
Did anybody do it without disabling EFI (grub-efi perhaps)?
Or the only way to have the automated install is stick with MBR?

Thanks to anybody who cares.

I installed with GPT and EFI, but I do not remember if I used a testing
or a stable image. It worked without problem, except I had to create a
EFI partition /boot/efi

Did I understood this correctly: I have to have a small GPT partition at the beginning, and right after it one additional that will be mounted as /boot/efi? If so, I'm confused. How the debian installer will know it should mount which partition as /boot/efi?