Re: whitelist@lists.debian.org

On Wed, 2014-03-05 at 01:54 -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> I show 623 from that address since 10/13.

The issue started in 2014 and in 2014 I resent most messages several
times.

> For emails you believe are lost, check the list archive.

That is the first thing I always did and still do.

> If you're not receiving an NDR for messages that disappear then no NDR
> is being generated.

To use some sendmail program is useful to get a log file Evolution
doesn't provide. I wrote about the issue on the Evolution mailing list
and it's recommended to use a sendmail program.

> The whitelist is for addresses that are not subscribed to
> any lists.

That was my understanding too, but it was mentioned that I should
subscribe to that list.

> If they are not in the archives, contact the debian.org postmaster
> and give him the message-id of the lost email.  He can tell you if
> if was received by the Debian mail servers and if they message was
> posted to the list.

I might do this in the future, but before doing this I want to rule out
as much mistakes as possible.

> If debian.org did not receive the email, then you need to contact
> the postmaster at alice-dsl.net, provide the message-id, and as if
> the email was relayed.

This is nearly impossible to do, the ISP usually ignores customers, as
most other, if not all ISPs in Germany do too.

> Standard troubleshooting stuff.

And that + some other things is what I will do or I'm already doing, you
just missed it.

.msmtp.log e.g. does provide exitcode information. Btw. I know that I
can use sendmail programs with Evolution too, but I anyway write mails
with an editor. Keeping threads seems to work, I just need to take more
care about line wrapping.

Regards,
Ralf