Re: French Guinea / Guiana

On 02/03/14 20:22, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> Scott Ferguson a écrit :
>>
>> Even though the spooks do like the French Guinea TLD
>
> .gf is the ccTLD for French Guiana (Guyane française), a french
> department and region in South America.
>
> French Guinea was a french colony in West Africa until 1958, when Guinea
> became independent. Its ccTLD is .gn.

Thanks for correcting my mistake. (no sarcasm implied). .gn is
completely different and your correction is more than appropriate.

Just to be clear though - .gf is, apparently (how would I know?) is
mainly used by the ESA, and SOA, now relaying much of the mail which
used to originate from wonderland.mil (Maryland 11th PsyOps?) - there
maybe other people/organisations that use it... but I hope others will
research that for themselves.

Kind regards