Re: Jessie almost freezes every several minutes

On 01/03/14 06:26 PM, Tom Furie wrote:
On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 06:11:42PM -0500, Gary Dale wrote:

BTW: there is something more than just KDE since I didn't get a
slowdown when I tried it with a new user without having the raid
array /home. The differences besides the raid array are:
- new user configuration with almost no files
- no nfs shares mounted (usually have a dozen shares mounted)
- no icedove accounts (usually have a half-dozen e-mail accounts
checked every 10 minutes)
- no kontact calendar, etc. (but kontact was running).
 From what you've said so far my suspicions would lie with RAID or NFS.
What are the symptoms with a new user on raid /home but no NFS mounts?
What are the symptoms with a new user on non-raid /home and NFS mounts?

Cheers,
Tom
Probably with NFS. umounting all the shares fixed the problem, although I had to shut down icedove as I keep my mail on a network share. Come to think about it, the problem may have started when I switched from cifs to nfs to fix a problem I was having with icedove having corrupted indexes (therefor not showing new mail arriving in folders until the index was rebuilt, and showing read messages as unread).

I'll try to see how few shares cause the problem...