Re: Question about MultiArch and dependencies

Le 30/12/2014 17:23, Gary Dale a écrit :
> Then again, knowing how to ask a question is also important. It would

Then again, not everybody is born in an english-speaking country.

> seem that your real concern is having two terminals on the menu.

It is _one_ of my concerns. The other one being apt not resolving these
dependencies the way I expected it to. Unlike you, Sven understood the
question immediately and unlike you, he gave an appropriate answer. I
filed a bug report against mate-terminal. Problem solved.

> However, did you actually test that it would happen? Would installing
> the multiarch version give you two xterms or would the last one
> installed overwrite the first?
>
> Could you simply remove the second menu item if one did in fact show up?
>
> Did you try removing the mate version of xterm before installing the one
> steam prefers?

What does it have to do with my initial question about dependencies
resolving ? Stop trying to justify yourself and just admit you were
gratuitously rude to someone you mistook for a newbie.

--
Raphaël Halimi