Re: LACK OF REPONSE TO REQUESTS FOR HELP WHY?

* On 2014 21 Dec 01:40 -0600, tom arnall wrote:
> I installed wheezy a week ago (with the installer which includes
> xfce), and nm-applet was working fine. But today it won't start and
> gives the message:
>
> WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
> /home/tom/.cache/keyring-4LJPFc/pkcs11: No such file or directory

I am running Sid (Unstable) on my laptop and I have several such
~/.cache/keyring-* directories.  One of them shows:

$ ls -l ~/.cache/keyring-6imVnR/
total 0
srwxr-xr-x 1 nate nate 0 Jul  7  2012 control=
srwxr-xr-x 1 nate nate 0 Jul  7  2012 gpg=
srwxr-xr-x 1 nate nate 0 Jul  7  2012 pkcs11=
srwxr-xr-x 1 nate nate 0 Jul  7  2012 ssh=

Are the permissions on your files the same?  Is it possible that you
initially logged into the desktop as root and then used NM to connect to
a network?  Perhaps just removing that directory (although that specific
directory name may be stored by nm-applet *somewhere* so just removing
the directory might not help) might help.

The "files" are actually sockets so the leading 's' is apparently
required.

- Nate