Re: wordperfect 5.1 for unix, and debian?

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 05:28:00PM -0800, Rusi Mody wrote:

> Just yesterday struggling with making a presentation with LO Impress.
> There are some 3 dozen toolbars of which I was looking for some.
> The online docs give one line of text for each -- no icon.
> https://help.libreoffice.org/Draw/Toolbars
>
> So the only way to figure which is 9say) the drawing toolbar
> is to keep on turning it on and off in the menu and squint to see
>  what part of the screen changes.  Quite a chore given how noisy
> the screen is
>
> In short:
> No MS fan here however MS Office is way better documented than LO.

Seconded.

I used to design software interfaces, and I'd be totally embarassed by OOo,
especially Impress with its commands scattered inconsistently and without a
schema among two kinds of menus and two different types of toolbar. What a
mess.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!