Re: How is typical home computer used today?

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 11:42:47 +0100
Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:

> > I kept a Unisys 5000/90 that required 220V at 80 amps

> 17600 Watts! Unbelievable! Where are thus circuits fused?

I remember the first computer I worked with, a great 4Kb memory in ferrite torus, that had in the middle of the console a brass manometer, with instruction to do an emergency stop if the pressure dropped below 6kg/cm^2;  that was for the water cooling the vacuum tubes..

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                           The way to love anything