Re: How is typical home computer used today?

On 12/12/2014, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
> Lisi Reisz wrote:
>> On Thursday 11 December 2014 14:48:41 Richard Owlett wrote:
>>> The OP correctly phrased the question as "How is typical home
>>> computer used today?"
>>> As I'm the OP, I should know. <GRIN>
>>
>> If we had trouble understanding it, then you did *NOT* correctly phrase
>> the
>> question.
>>
>> And you have *STILL* not said what you mean by typical, which is
>> meaningless.
>>
>> Nor have you said what you mean by a home computer.
>>

> typical - definition of typical by The Free Dictionary
> typ·i·cal (t p-k l) adj. 1. Exhibiting the qualities, traits, or
> characteristics that identify a kind, class, group, or category:
> a typical suburban community.
> thefreedictionary.com/typical
>
> Home dictionary definition | home defined
> The definition of home is something that relates to or happens
> inside the place where a person or family resides.
> yourdictionary.com/home

Right.

And I had seen at a person's residence, the PDP-11 computer that he
had obtained, and, kept there, and used for for playing with octal
programming.

By your definition, a "home computer".

He lived in a block of flats; "a typical suburban community", as you have cited.

Why do you object so strongly, to simply asking the appropriate question?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."