Re: How is typical home computer used today? (back to original question)

Miles Fidelman wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
Bret Busby wrote:

Surely, it would have all been so much simpler, if the
original poster
in the thread, had put the question "To what personal uses, do
people
put their computers?".

What correlation need there be between *simple* questions and
*useful* answers?

The OP correctly phrased the question as "How is typical home
computer used today?"
As I'm the OP, I should know. <GRIN>

Well... not sure we're typical, then again, as others have asked,
what's typical?  Anyway, in our home:
[snip details]

Thank you. That gives me a useful framework to compare my usage to:
1. brother-in-law (retired history professor) and sister (retired librarian)
  2. brother (retired factory worker)
  3. a nephew (contract programmer)
4. a friend (has BSEE but is not computer geek) who asked me to install a demo Linux