Re: [minor bitch] about the panel (taskbar) LXDE

On Wed, 2014-12-10 at 07:25 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk> writes:
> > A (possibly wild) speculation is there's some race condition where the
> > task bar button gets created before the application sets it's icon and
> > then doesn't get notice or act on the change.

As an experiment I removed the taskbar from the panel, rebooted, opened
some apps then added the taskbar back to the panel. The icons were still
wrong, so my theory about timing looks like it's shot down.

> > I don't see this problem with all applications. The one I most notice it
> > with is a (QT based?) commercial application: Beyond Compare.
>
> That sounds just like what I'm seeing; but with the exception I have
> no qt based apps.  Do you see icons for xterm?

xterm has the correct icon in its window's title bar but not in the
taskbar.

--
Tixy