Re: Why focus on systemd?

Buntunub <mckisicd@gmail.com> writes:

> Wow, its Lawyer time!  Or so one would think reading through this thread.
>
> Is this what the Debian community has devolved to? Quibbling over
> technicalities of the Debian Constitution? Sure gives a lot of weight to Mr.
> Hess's departing words. That document has turned into a poison pill for this
> Distro.
>
> If we want to talk about Systemd, then talk about Systemd - its technical
> merits vs. it's cons, etc.. Leave the Lawyering to the Lawyers.

Sorry, no can do. Whenever a resolution by a project is taken with less
than consensus, and the losing party is determined to make an ass out of
themselves by being a very vocal obstructive minority, you will get
lawyering if you have *any* rules at all.

The problem is that some persons decided to use the Constitution in a
toxic manner, not the Constitution itself. This is not a unique problem
to Debian, and short of just shooting all opposition essentially
unsolvable.

Mart

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.