Help understanding error: skb rides the rocket

On one of our quite busy (virtual) Debian 6 servers we are seeing a lot of messages in the syslog like this:

kernel: xen_netfront: xennet: skb rides the rocket: 19 slots

We are seeing some connectivity problems, and I believe it's possibly related to this. I've tried researching the issue, but can find very little information (but have confirmed that it can cause packet loss).

Since this is on a virtual machine and we don't have access to the physical host, one problem is knowing at what level this problem lies.  I've tried raising this issue with the hosting company in the past, but was basically told that it wasn't their problem.  So now I don't really know how to move forward with diagnosis of this issue.

OS: Debian 6, Kernel:  3.15.4-x86_64-linode45

- What might be causing this issue?
- Could this be a problem with the virtual host? (and why is Xen mentioned here)
- What can I do to stop this happening?

Thank you for any help!