Re: Why focus on systemd?

Please don't top post.

On 22/11/14 20:50, lee wrote:

> Didier,
>
> you have *totally* missed the OPs point.
>
> BTW, since you assume that no "systemd takeover"

Hyperbole much?

> will happen (despite it
> already has),

> what has been the outcome of the GR to support multiple
> init systems?

It lost. Developers are not being forced to do what they don't want.
The winner was "developers will work it out themselves" i.e. Debian won.

> Other than that, the OP has a good point.  I found that every time
> something is related to the freedesktop stuff,

Freedesktop just provides hosting. Substitute Sourceforge for
Freedesktop and see how well your "theory" flies.

>  it's not understandable
> at all because the documentation utterly sucks or doesn't even exist.
> It's an entirely dead end.
>
> Do we really need or want that?  If we need it, what for?  If we want
> it, wouldn't we be much better off using Windows?

Please replace "we" with "I" - it gives the misleading impression you
speak for the vast majority when you only speak for yourself.
Note that opposition to *the choice* of using systemd 'probably'
constitutes less than 1% of users. Noise, repitition, and FUD doesn't:-
;increase that percentage
;give you credibility
;justify your bullying
and works against those that have genuine problems with systemd.

The appropriate, polite way to deal with things you don't like - is
speak *once* and state your case fully when you do. It's healthy to
express concerns - it's unhealthy, to all, when you flood forums with
them. The means justifies the ends - and bullying doesn't end well.

> I want to know what's going on with my computer.  Freedesktop stuff
> prevents that.

Clearly it's not a project's choice of hosting that prevents your lack
of knowledge.

>Nobody understands udev rules,

Again - you're incorrect, and speaking for yourself.

*I* am not the only person who understands udev rules - far from it.
(small hint: I read the man files - my lips didn't even get sore!)

> and I'm not happy that

Noted, many, many times - that you behave like a bad child.
<snipped>

Can we Debian Users have the list back now please?
Feel free to continue your campaign on Debian Abusers - it'd be more
appropriate. Don't you think.

--

"idealist zealots - those that would burn the planet to save their backyard"