Re: Purging a package............... (and apt-config processing order)

On 11/24/2014 at 11:03 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> I don't know whether /etc/apt/apt.conf is processed before fragments
> in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d  - but I'd be interested in learning.
> Anyone??

Now that you bring it up, I'd be interested in that myself. Fortunately,
it's trivially discoverable:

$ strace apt-get --dry-run autoremove &> /tmp/apt-dryrun-autoremove.strace
$ grep apt.conf /tmp/apt-dryrun-autoremove.strace

I'm not going to paste the output here, but apparently the fragment
files are processed first.

--
   The Wanderer