Purging a package...............

In a different email, under the heading: Re: Installing an Alternative
Init? Andrei posted this in part:

[quote] A package not properly cleaning after itself on purge is
generally considered a bug in Debian, severity depending on the impact,
of course. [end quote]

I suppose this is literal, just that package?

Because I have install a package which also pulled in some
dependencies.

Upon purging it, because it didn't suit the purpose of what I wanted to
do. It purged itself, but left the dependencies on the system.

I can only suppose this is what is supposed to happen? I backtracked and
found them, purging each in turn.

I also suppose this is what's supposed to happen?

Or is there some command using apt-get that allows me to purge a
package and the dependencies it pulled in as well?

Just curious and trying to learn a bit more.

Thanks,
Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Deep in their roots, All flowers keep the light. .....Theodore
	Roethke