Web site conformance and various browsers

  sometimes i have issues with a website and i cannot
tell if it is a problem with the browser or a problem
with the website.  obviously i am not a website
developer so this sort of issue isn't clear where i
need to poke at things more...

  are there any tools available which help sort that
out (like one that says "This page conforms to
standards X and Y, but violates a for this part") etc.?

  most the time i use Iceweasel (most current versions
available in testing, sid or experimental) or Midori.
Midori seems to do better and I'm not sure why as i
thought that it used the same basic infrastructure as
Iceweasel.

  any web developers who struggle with this and if I'm
missing something obvious (like use a different browser
like Opera or ...)?

  thanks!

  songbird