Re: Joey Hess is out?

* On 2014 17 Nov 06:01 -0600, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Since systemd hatters usually fail on the second task, the rhetorical
> arsenal is chosen accordingly (ad-hominem, trolling, misquoting, ...).

Here is the crux of the problem in these discussions and that is the use
of "haters" as an ad hominem as part of the shaming language directed at
those with concerns.  It matters not who started it, but when one of the
primary developers of systemd also engages in using this language to
describe those who do have legitimate concerns, the discussion descends
quickly into a non-productive direction especially when others follow
his lead as being somehow acceptable.

Personally, I do not "hate" systemd.  While I have some concerns, I have
been monitoring these threads for any technical tidbits and I've been
using it to gain familiarity with what it offers and how to work with
it.  Unlike others, I do not have systems that are in an enterprise
situation as mine are simply home desktops so my paycheck will not be
impacted by the adoption of it.  Despite that, I will not minimize or
dismiss the concerns of others.

- Nate