Re: Web site conformance and various browsers

Hi,

On 11/17/2014 02:45 PM, songbird wrote:
>   sometimes i have issues with a website and i cannot
> tell if it is a problem with the browser or a problem
> with the website.  obviously i am not a website
> developer so this sort of issue isn't clear where i
> need to poke at things more...
>
>   are there any tools available which help sort that
> out (like one that says "This page conforms to
> standards X and Y, but violates a for this part") etc.?
>
>   most the time i use Iceweasel (most current versions
> available in testing, sid or experimental) or Midori.
> Midori seems to do better and I'm not sure why as i
> thought that it used the same basic infrastructure as
> Iceweasel.
>
>   any web developers who struggle with this and if I'm
> missing something obvious (like use a different browser
> like Opera or ...)?

I think you're looking for this :

    http://validator.w3.org/

or this for more inquiries:

    http://www.softwareqatest.com/qatweb1.html

Best regards,

--
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”
“Le vrai n'est pas plus sûr que le probable.”

                                              Diogene Laerce