Re: Why focus on systemd?

On 16/11/14 21:42, Keith Peter wrote:
On 16/11/2014, Peter Nieman <gmane-acct@t-online.de> wrote:

[snip]

It's the domination of the desktop environment ideology that's the
problem. Many users came to Linux and Debian years ago because they were
fed up with Microsoft. And now the same ideology infiltrates their
Linux, whether they chose to install a desktop environment or not.

Just try a window manager on top of X, quite a different approach, and
one that minimises distractions in my opinion.

That's what I'm using. And my point is that I'm subjected to the decisions of the Gnome and KDE people regardless.