Re: engineering management practices and systemd (Re: Installing an Alternative Init?)

On Sat 15 Nov 2014 at 19:24:49 +0000, Brian wrote:

> Upgrading
> ---------
>
>    After changing sources.list and an 'apt-get update' do
>
>      apt-get install sysvinit-core systemd-shim
>
>    Then proceed with an upgrade and dist-upgrade.
>
> New Install
>
>    Use the apt-get command above immediately after installation or
>    preseed the installation of sysvinit-core and systemd-shim.

In the light of

   https://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2014/11/msg00063.html

I'd like to revise the above and point out that at some time in
the near future the command

   apt-get install sysvinit-core

or preseeding the installation of only sysvinit-core should be
sufficient.