Re: engineering management practices and systemd (Re: Installing an Alternative Init?)

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Andrei POPESCU
<andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Vi, 14 nov 14, 22:53:36, Joel Rees wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 7:26 PM, Andrei POPESCU
>> <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > [snip another wall of text about engineering principles]
>>
>> And, thus, once again,

>> If you can't deal with it, snip it?
>
> I don't think it brings anything useful to a discussion on -user. That's
> much more suitable for some <init-systemd>-devel list.

Re-read the wall of text you deleted, then think again about this suggestion.

If you still don't see how this suggestion is a short-circuit to
ground for objections, I've written a bit more colorfully on the
subject on my general blog, maybe you would care to re-read that as
well.

There's something in this question that is actually entangled in the
difference between declarative and procedural programming, but I can't
really talk with you about it until you start digging in to one or the
other.

--
Joel Rees

Living without understanding programming
is kind of like playing poker without understanding statistics.