Re: Installing an Alternative Init?

    Joel> It's the same thing. You think you have something wonderful and we aren't
    Joel> buying it.

That's the beauty of it: you don't have to buy it. You're free to do
whatever you want: contribute bug reports, patches for your choice of
init, or switch - noone's stopping you from doing either. There *are*
alternative inits in Debian. Do they come with a price? Yes. If you're
not willing to pay that, or help improve the situation, then too bad.
Debian doesn't have the resources to cater to every need (nor should it
do that to begin with).

    Joel> You're insistance that we should do work when we don't have the
    Joel> resources to allocate to it is not helping.

And where do you think Debian would get the resources from? Hm? Out of
thin air? The only people who can help, are those who want the
alternatives to work better. And a lot of them refuse to do so (or do it
outside of Debian, for some odd reason).