Re: Debian wheezy exim4 Refuses All External Mail.

Joe writes:
> original state. Either way, check /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf,
> which gets updated by dpkg-reconfigure. The file contains instructions
> as to how to make changes.
	This has gotten me started on the right direction plus,
of course, man update-exim4.conf.
	The important clause, here is

.ifndef DC_eximconfig_configtype
DC_eximconfig_configtype=internet
.endif

This is as opposed to local
	One other thing is mentioned in the man page that I must
do. I run our domain name server and will create an MX record
for the dead FreeBSD VM (RIP) so that mail that would have gone
to it will go to the Debian box. When you do that, one must make
the mailer on the target system aware that it is supposed to
receive mail addressed to the system in the MX record.
	There is dc_other_hostnames for this purpose but it is
not a configuration variable as such. If you run
update-exim4.conf -oexim4.conf.conf, you don't see the syntax
for how to enter this list since it wasn't there to begin with.
	All the variables are ifthen clauses. Do you just tack
this list on at the bottom like
       dc_other_hostnames deadmouse.okstate.edu
or is it more structured?
	I think that's about all I don't understand for now. In
the 13 or 14 years I have been using Linux, this is the deapest
I have gotten in to exim.
	It is certainly different from sendmail but so far, I
like it.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

Martin McCormick