Re: Debian-Live 7.6.0 usb username & password?

On 11/07/2014 01:06 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Thursday 06 November 2014 23:39:06 Jimmy Johnson wrote:
On 11/06/2014 03:13 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Thursday 06 November 2014 22:19:17 Jimmy Johnson wrote:
On 11/06/2014 11:15 AM, me@raseone.com wrote:
and I am unable ****to log in to the default user**** or root account.

There is not any root password. You can switch to root with sudo -i or
set a password for root with sudo passwd.

My stars.  From where is (s)he to switch to root?

Lisi the OP has not said what they are trying to do, only that they want
root from a Debian-live-install-cd.

A live cd is good to have on hand when you want to repair a borked
system when you have no other system to boot too.

Quite.  And it may have been an x/y question.  But the question was how to get
in from the log-in screen.  I must download and burn a live Debian CD in
order to find out!!

Lisi

Auto login..Have you ever thought about using a USB pen drive formatted to fat32 with a boot flag and unetbootin ?
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid - KDE 4.14.2 - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda14
Registered Linux User #380263