Re: SCSI driver for use with Jessie: which one? [Solved]

On 20141026_2314-0400, Gary Dale wrote:
> On 26/10/14 09:33 PM, Paul E Condon wrote:
> >I found today that I don't have a scsi driver on my Jessie install.
> >I search for 'scsi' in aptitude and see several competing packages.
> >Which one is most likely to enable burning a new debian netinst CD
> >today or tomorrow? I need to reinstall Jessie on a different host
> >before this one crashes. I'm running xfce4 and xorg. To my knowledge,
> >othing exotic. But always willing to answer questions about obivious
> >essential details that I have left out.
> >
> >TIA
>
> Drivers are part of the kernel. If you have a SCSI device, the hardware
> detection should find it and load the appropriate driver. If you don't have
> a SCSI device, it may not load the low level driver.
>
> I gather your problem is that you want to burn a CD using a SCSI writer
> (where did you find one?). If that is the case, what errors are you getting?
>
> If you're just trying to burn a netinst CD with SCSI packages, don't worry
> about it. Just burn a normal netinst CD. It will download the packages and
> drivers it needs.

I was trying to use wodim, which I have always used since Debian abandoned
cdrecord. Your doubts about my having a SCSI drive knocked me out of my
mental rut, and I tried using brasero, which was already installed (by the
xfce4-task, I think). It worked and I'm happy.
Thanks.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net