Re: Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

On Thu 23 Oct 2014 at 04:29:59 -0700, Rusi Mody wrote:

> Well I also seem to have systemd-shim installed.
> So I am confused... How all this adds up...

In its maintainer's words:

 systemd-shim expresses no preference for init system, and is completely
 coinstallable with systemd-sysv - and should be a no-op when booting under
 systemd because the dbus name is already taken.

It's not needed with systemd as init; I'd purge it .