Re: Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 4:40:04 PM UTC+5:30, Brian wrote:
> On Thu 23 Oct 2014 at 00:44:29 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > As penitence for being mean to Steve I've just written
> > https://wiki.debian.org/FAQsFromDebianUser#systemd

> Regarding
>
>    apt-get install sysvinit-core systemd-shim systemd-sysv-
>
> The command
>
>    apt-get install sysvinit-core systemd-shim
>
> will remove systemd-sysv. Is there any benefit to adding 'systemd-sysv-'?

Is 'warm-fuzzy-feeling' [WFF] considered a benefit?

[To Andrei's other points]
I dont know about others but for me a WFF comes from reversibility.
If what was always (default) A has now become B
and I am told
- The A to B path is A2B
- The B to A path is B2A

then the new defaults dont bother me much.
Contrariwise if I am used to A and suddenly I find myself
locked into B, its disturbing

Also this helps.
[From my system]
$ dpkg -S /lib/sysvinit/init
sysvinit: /lib/sysvinit/init

$ dpkg -S /lib/systemd/systemd
systemd: /lib/systemd/systemd

$ dpkg -S /sbin/init
systemd-sysv: /sbin/init

$ ls -l /sbin/init
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Sep 29 01:03 /sbin/init -> /lib/systemd/systemd

Well I also seem to have systemd-shim installed.
So I am confused... How all this adds up...