Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Mi, 22 oct 14, 23:26:15, Christian Seiler wrote:

[snip excelent explanations]

As penitence for being mean to Steve I've just written
https://wiki.debian.org/FAQsFromDebianUser#systemd

Kind regards,
Andrei

Thanks for the FAQ, but note that this is wrong:

-----
"How can I prevent systemd from ever being installed?
See the question above on how to prevent installation of a specific package.

(question above is)
How can I prevent a specific package from ever being installed?
"Put something like
Package: unwanted-package
Pin: version *
Explanation: prevent unwanted-package from being installed
in a file under /etc/apt/preferences.d/
Note that Package (and version obviously) accept patterns. See apt_preferences(5) for more information."
----

That doesn't work at install time - when the init package is installed by base-installer and debootstrap. You need to preseed with exclude/include statements, that currently don't work because of a bug.

Miles Fidelman