[OT - maybe] systemd conspiracy theories

Given all the talk about conspiracy theories, it occurs to be to point out this statement by none other than Lennart Poettering (http://0pointer.net/blog/revisiting-how-we-put-together-linux-systems.html on 9/1/2014) in a blog post titled "Revisiting How We Put Together Linux Systems"

About a quarter way in, in a section titled "What We Want," he writes:

"The systemd cabal (Kay Sievers, Harald Hoyer, Daniel Mack, Tom Gundersen, David Herrmann, and yours truly) recently met in Berlin about all these things, and tried to come up with a scheme ..."

Mind you... he goes on to write that what they want is a "scheme that is somewhat simple, but tries to solve the issues generically, for all use-cases, as part of the systemd project. All that in a way that is somewhat compatible with the current scheme of distributions, to allow a slow, gradual adoption. Also, and that's something one cannot stress enough: the toolbox scheme of classic Linux distributions is actually a good one, and for many cases the right one. However, we need to make sure we make distributions relevant again for all use-cases, not just those of highly individualized systems." But....

systemd, of course is neither "simple," nor is it all that "compatible with the current scheme of distributions," nor does it "allow a slow, gradual adoption." And for sure, it does not fit the "toolbox scheme of classic Linux distributions." The truly operative phrases are "for all use-cases, as part of the systemd project."

So let's see - "Cabal," "Scheme," "What We Want," "Revisiting How We Put Together Linux Systems," "for all use-cases," "as part of the systemd project."

With the added note that, at PID1, the boot process hands all control of a machine to the init process (to quote the init manpage "Init is the parent of all processes")
 - we add the power and control aspects of all good conspiracies.

Put it all together, and one could make a good case that "the systemd project" is OVERTLY a conspiracy of "the systemd cabal" to control all processes running on all Linux machines in the universe.

Just saying.

Miles Fidelman