Re: If Not Systemd, then What?

On Ma, 21 oct 14, 15:38:46, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Ludovic Meyer wrote:
>
> >For example, spotify decided to switch to Ubuntu rather than keeping Debian, and
> >if you look around, they are not the only ones.
>
> And you're attributing that to Debian dragging its feet on systemd?
>
> As I recall, the explicit reason Ubuntu finally decided to adopt systemd was
> the Debian decision to adopt systemd.

You seem to forget Ubuntu was already using upstart since 6.10 Edgy Eft,
released in 2006. That's 8 (eight) years.

Upstart was the only real contender to systemd at the time of the
evaluation by the Technical Committee, but it has or is being replaced
by systemd everywhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upstart#Adoption

Kind regards,
Andrei