Re: If Not Systemd, then What?

Hi,

Please do not top-post.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 05:27:34AM -0200, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:
> If uselessd provides ONLY a new init, based on CGroups and lots of
> cool ideas from systemd itself, then, it worth trying it! Just for
> fun...

I think it's an interesting project and I might contribute towards the
packaging, so long as it's a team effort, but currently nobody has
taken ownership of the 'request for package' bug, so there is almost
no chance of uselessd being a part of jessie. (it would have to be
packaged, uploaded and pass NEW in under 2 weeks.)

> Systemd will be still around, acting only as udev, I know... But,
> then, it will be more easy to live without it.

udev and systemd are not the same things. Their source co-exists in
the same version control repository, and they are developed in concert,
but they are (currently) independent, and will certainly be independent
for jessie. (whether they remain independent in the future is another
question.)

> Sorry about my poor English.

No need to apologise!