Re: GR proposed re: choice of init systems

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 04:49:48PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 10/20/2014 02:35 PM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
> >If you mean you are actually DOSing Debian's support channels just to
> >make you're point that's likely to get you banned instead, besides not
> >achieving anything.
>
> ~OR!~
>
> "List archives get refreshed every 20 minutes." is a more likely
> reason for the list to go down just for a bit, especially with the
> higher than normal activity. I doubt any of the 4chan types to give
> a whit, one way or the other, as we're not exactly clubbing baby
> seals here. Maybe there is a GNU/Low Orbit Ion Cannon?? That would
> be more likely. <chuckles> :) Ric

You must have missed the memo :
http://www.vitavonni.de/blog/201410/2014101801-beware-of-trolls---do-not-feed.html

I didn't found any communication from the DSA, but I wouldn't be surprised that
some guy decided to retaliate on Debian because of idiotic reasons.
And that's why the server was down for a while.

And the server is fully able to handle the load of debian-user, given that
it handle all others lists as well :
https://lists.debian.org/completeindex.html

Even with the addition 10 to 20 people posting on systemd,
it shouldn't be a issue.

--
l.