Re: Refracta systemd-free progress

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 23:33:23 -0400
Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> wrote:

> On 20/10/14 08:39 PM, golinux@riseup.net wrote:
> > Check out the outstanding progress that fsmithred and dzz are
> > making with a systemd-free Refracta:
> >
> > http://refracta.freeforums.org/going-with-the-systemd-flow-or-not-t422-50.html#p4085
> >

> > http://refracta.freeforums.org/going-with-the-systemd-flow-or-not-t422-60.html#p4086
> >

> > Kudos to them!! Looking forward to giving this a spin before too
> > long.
> >

> If it makes you happy. Freedom of choice is one benefit of Linux.
> Personally, I like systemd and the fast boots it provides, plus the
> ease of administration.

Gary,

*Thank you* for actually saying something positive about systemd,
rather than just telling us to shut up. I happen to believe that in
the long run the entanglement isn't worth the benefits you mention, but
that's just a difference of opinion between us, rather than the "your
opinion doesn't count" type of thing.

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard, what's your impression of the relative boot
time of nosh vs systemd?

Thanks,

SteveT