Re: GR proposed re: choice of init systems

On Friday 17 October 2014 21:09:59 Dan Ritter wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 07:02:12PM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > On Friday 17 October 2014 18:30:31 Andre N Batista wrote:
> > > I cannot believe some people still
> > > thinks [snip] that we should simply stick with
> > > the TC's authority regardless what.
> >
> > Surely no-one has ever said that??  References if someone has?
>
> Sven Joachim.
>
> "Because the people who do the work get to make the decisions,
> that's the way Debian works."
>
> in
>   Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 06:47:52 +0200
>

> and Lisi Reisz:
>
> "We can use what we are offered, and be grateful that we are
> offered it.  Thank you springs to mind."
>
> in
>   Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 22:46:44 +0100
>
> -dsr-

Neither of those says what you claim.  ALL the DDs get to make the decision,
including those who have now called for a GR.  The TC allowed for this
possibility from the beginning, in lessening the vote required to overturn
its decision, and it is laid down in the constitution.  We were objecting to
the ad hominem unpleasantness and destruction of the list.