Re: Openbox systemd-free

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 20:20:29 +0100
Keith Peter <ping.keith@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> On my Jessie laptop with sysvinit, X and IceWM updated to today
> installing wicd with --no-install-recommends brings dbus,
> wpasupplicant and wireless-tools with it.
>
> So I just use wpasupplicant in roaming mode with wpa-gtk as I need
> basically wifi in four locations. Not bothering with wicd itself.
>
> Cheers

Nice!

This was exactly the kind of stuff I've been looking for. I'll probably
ask you more about it later.

One look at /etc/wpa_supplicant/functions.sh tells me that
wpa_supplicant is a daemon that's begging to be managed by daemontools
instead of the unfathomable shellscripts it's now managed by. I spoze
one could also make a point for managing it with systemd, but I can't
afford the price of that ticket.

SteveT